Juniores and The Pastry Queen World Pastry Championships
The great world pastry championships are returning to SIGEP 2023: the Juniores World Pastry Championship and The Pastry Queen Women's World Pastry Championship.
The two competitions will be on stage during the days of Tuesday, 24 and Wednesday, 25 January, in the prestigious Dolce Arena, located in the heart of the fairgrounds.
A special series of talk will enrich the program of the Dolce Arena on Monday, 23 afternoon.
- 14:30 – 15:15: Talk with Master Massari and Dr. Michele Cannone
- 15:15 - 16:00: Talk with Master Massari and special guests, testimonial of Dolce icons, such as Panettone and Tiramisù
- 16:00 – 16:45: Talk curated by Master Massari with Masters Relais Desserts
The Juniores World Pastry Championship is a unique team event aimed at young people under 25, offering them a highly educational opportunity to test their skills and find valuable inspiration to kickstart a rewarding and successful career.
The theme of the championship is: "AMAZON, A JOURNEY INTO NATURE".
The theme shall have to be illustrated through the artistic sugar and chocolate showpieces, using the dessert ingredients required by the regulation.
The teams are required to find new shapes, innovative lines and hyper-modern decorative effects, to allow imagination free rein, without preconceptions and in harmony with the requested products.
For the 2023 edition, the teams competing are Korea, France, Italy, Poland and Peru.
- Artistic chocolate showpiece.
- Small pastillage sculpture tray.
- Innovative baked mignon pastries.
- Artistic sugar showpiece.
- Chocolate cake.
- Gelato cup served in a glass.
- Espresso coffee flavoured dessert on a plate.
The only one of its kind, The Pastry Queen Women's World Pastry Championship is aimed at women pastry chefs from all over the world. It is an opportunity for them to compete, grow, and with their style and elegance, provide an unparalleled example of professionalism to promote pastry making worldwide.
For the 2023 edition, the theme of the championship is: "THE GENIUS OF LEONARDO DA VINCI".
For the 2023 edition, the women competing come from Korea, Japan, India, Italy and Peru.
- Dessert in a glass with espresso coffee gelato.
- Warm and cold plated dessert with chocolate and marrons glacés.
- Chocolate jewel ring-shaped mini bonbon dessert.
- Small chocolate tray sculpture.
- Cake baked using a free mold.
- Artistic sugar and pastillage showpiece.
JURY AND COMMISSIONERS:
The jury of both championships is composed of all the Team Manager of the teams, chaired by the Honorary President Master Iginio Massari. The president of the jury of the Juniores World Pastry Championship is master Davide Malizia, the team manager of the last edition winning team (2019 edition), while the jury of the The Pastry Queen Championship will be chaired by the defending champion Anabelle Lucantonio.
The commissioners are Maestri AMPI and APEI.